Saturday, January 15, 2011

My son is heading into a new phase of life.

What happens to a kid when they turn 7? I understand 3, you become a preschooler. At 13 you are turning into a teenager and 21 is an adult. However, 7 seems to be a new era for kids too. My son has gone from a little boy to a big boy overnight. He is now unable to kiss and hug his mommy (or call me mommy but mom) in public. He is understanding things in the big kids class and enjoys it in church. He is growing up, fast.
We are giving him and extended birthday celebration this year. In fact, he has three days of celebration. Once and a while, Zack and I will give the kids a long celebration instead of just one day. This weekend, we took Dayson to his favorite restaurant, Long John Silver. He went to the movies and saw Gulliver's Travels. Don't tell him it was the cheap $2 theatre. He had so much fun, I don't think he will care. He even got a whole box of candy and pop with out having to share. Then we let him play at the mall. But when I asked him to give me a hug in the play area, he said, "Mommy, can I do that later? I love you but don't wanna hug right now." He did hug me later, but not in front of the big boys. I chuckle at that thought but I do miss hugging and cuddling with my boy..

No comments:

Post a Comment