Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homemaking journal or Am I a Dork?

Ok so I love to read things with two titles. It gives me a sense of pride to make a decision about the article that hasn't already been made. So here is my post with two titles.

I am on a mission to get my house organized. It will take a little cash and creativity but I can get this done. When my home is in disrepair and unorganized, my mind feels the same way. I have had enough. I want to start by making a book so that way everyone that can read will know how my house is ran. I am a control freak too by the way....lol. I am thinking of a homemaking journal. I have read lots of post about them already and I know that each one is unique. I continue thinking about this and realize I have about 20 of them around here. All in different places in different ways. I managed to clutter my organization and 20 is a stretch but it feels that way.
here are the ideas:
1. Calendar (for a whole year)
        -Birthdays, bills, events, appointments.
2. Cleaning schedule (this may be far fetched but I am hoping it gets me motivated to keep this place clean. No more rushing around when unexpected company comes. If I am away or have a baby, the family will know what i do each day)
  -daily and weekly
3. Food
  -Weekly Menu's with fave dishes behind that
  -Restaurant menu and coupons
  - Master grocery list
4. Important phone numbers
5 Babysitter helps and guides
6. Birthdays
   -Names by month with ideas for each person
7. Christmas list

so does any of you do this and do you have ideas to add. Or am I crazy and just a nerd? Don't answer that last one for another week or so....=)

No comments:

Post a Comment