Friday, November 19, 2010

Insomnia

I should be cleaning or sleeping. My mind is racing. I need to do something besides sit at the computer writing. Ok I just decided to write. I was browsing. My kids went to bed crying because I want them to try something new. My son hates new things and big crowds. My daughter loves new things and people. So either way, I don't win. I told them I would pray for an answer. They would have to wait. That made both of them sad. Lainey even said, "Why does God take so long to talk to you?" I answer with, "God has the perfect timing." Evidently that isn't good enough because she groaned at me. We say bed time prayers and Dayson starts crying. I hate that. I know the reason. However, my daughter's question rings through my head and won't let me sleep. I sometimes get like my golden curly haired bomb shell daughter and I become 5 in my mind. I think, "HURRY UP. I NEED THIS NOW! ANSWER SOMETIME TODAY! LORD, ARE YOU LISTENING?" How rude of me. When I do get an answer from my Father, it is always just right. Never a moment too late or too early. I am thankful for that. I pray that I learn to wait upon my God more. I don't want to be five always.

1 comment:

  1. Alot of people are the 5 year old asking God "Why aren't you talking to me? Are you even LISTENING to me?!?" I have been there, way too many times than I care to admit... But, like you said... He has the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete