Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Paper, and too much of it!

Wow! It has been almost forever since I posted anything on my blog.  I am cleaning and decluttering my home and realized that I have a lot, TONS EVEN, of papers.  I have recipes, homeschooling records and portfolios, magazine clippings, to do list, books I have read, ect. ect. I have got to cut back on how many paper items sit around my desk and clutter my table.  I love having a beautiful table to work at.  That is the reason for going electronic. My beautiful work area, my dining table, is the central hub in my home.  When you walk into my home, you are greeted by my dining table and two Jack Russell.  Right now, my jack's are more inviting than my dining table.
See what I mean.  YIKES!
So today, I will begin to throw away the wonderful, precious paper.  I love paper, particularly pretty looking and pleasant smelling paper.  Tomorrow, I will post a better picture of an inviting table.  It will be great.  You are going to want to come over and have tea and scones at my table.  When I make those, I will let you know.  I will be posting some of my helpful ideas that are currently on scraps of paper.  I hope you enjoy.  Here is one to start with. I am not sure where I came up with it but it is my go to for laundry soap.  

Liquid Laundry soap
1/2 bar Fels Naptha, grated
1/2 c wahing soda
1/2 c borax
2 gal Bucket

Add soap and 6 c water to pot. Heat until soap melts. Add washing soda and borax. Stir well until dissolved. Remvoe from heat. Pour 4 cups of hot water in bucket. Add soap mixture. and stir. now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of cold water. Stir. Let sit for 24+ hours to gel up. Then break up gel mixture. Add
 to old laundry containers. Shake well before each use.. You only need to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup per load. This takes longer to make than powder but you get more than and it is inexpensive. If you want a scent to your soap, add an essential oil (health stores have them) to the hot water before adding cold water to the pail.


BTW, I am not tech-y.  Those of you that know me understand why.  I have a tendency to short electronic, battery operated, and light bulb things out over time. My mom just told me a few weeks ago that she stopped replacing so many light bulbs since I moved out. Guess who replaces them now?  You got it, me.  I still put blame on the old house.    And this is why I am not tech-y.

I can't believe I posted my cluttered table/work station/ prayer place/ craft spot.... OK you get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment