Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Roman 14:23 My weightloss goal is PEACE

But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin. Roman 14:23
Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. don not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. Romans 14:19-20

Here are some verses to help me along my weight loss this week. We need to stop looking at the scale and look for peace and freedom from a bondage of food obsession and weight loss. I struggle with this a great deal. My body doesn't shed fat fast and my muscle mass is quite great. I will get on the scale and not see the number budge. I then began to think thoughts of defeat and depression. That number is simply a number. It doesn't determine my worth. So what is my worth?
I am worth gold. I am valuable and beautiful in God's eyes. I am his daughter so I can't be anything but wonderful to Him. He wants me to rely on him and not food.
If I am to eat something that is going to make me feel guilty later, then God is telling me that my body doesn't need this food. I have felt this before and ignored it but starting now, I will no longer ignore the conviction I feel coming from God. He care for everything I feel and go through. He cares for my battle with weight loss and self esteem. But I shall have confidence in Christ.
Nothing feels as good as PEACE.
(Thoughts from my weight loss and self esteem bible study Made to Crave from Lysa TerKeurst)

No comments:

Post a Comment